I had a blood transfusion when I was 20. Prior to the transfusion I never had a reaction with medications or allergies of any kind. About a month after the transfusion I had a severe reaction to penicillin. The following spring I began to develop allergies. It’s the only thing I can think of that would trigger a sudden onslaught, although I’ve heard that you can develop allergies as you age. So I’m wondering if I could have picked something up from the blood I recieved?
This question was not answered by a nutritionist, however another user commented.
It’s definitely possible, but more likely that you’re just developing allergies at this stage in your life. It is very common. the only true way to rule this out is to contact the hospital or lab or doctor who provided the transfusion to you. Either way it won’t change what you’re now experiencing. For more information on allergies and your symptoms, go to this website: http://www.symptoms-treatments.com/symptoms/allergy-symptoms.php